What a Morning



What a morning


That morning was hectic. The night before that day I went to sleep quite early and planned to continue the preparation for the activities that I wanted to conduct the next morning before going to school. Yes, confidence. Confidence was all I needed at that time to make sure that I would have enough rest during that night so that I would not feel tired without knowing that things will be different than I expected. I woke up that morning and started to function as a human being as usual. As time passed by, I switched on my laptop as well as the printer. True, my plan was to print the materials for the activities that were going to be conducted that day. However, who would know that my laptop suddenly started to freeze and I was on the verge of panicking, I tried to stay calm to avoid messing things up. Usually, I went to school with my mother who will send me after driving my sisters to their school, but that morning, I asked my mother to send my sister first and after that, she can pick me up. I did feel guilty because I felt like I was burdening her but I was also worried that my sister would arrive late.


After I arrived at school, I rushed to the classroom because my class was supposed to start at 7.30 a.m. and the time was already near. I entered the classroom and provided the students with a set of questions. The first 30 minutes were quite quiet because the students were busy answering the questions but after that, the sense of my nervousness appeared again. I was going to conduct activities in a real classroom, not a simulation one like we always did for our coursework. I was afraid that I would make mistakes and would not be able to conduct the activities properly. After a few minutes of the lesson, my throat already felt soaring but I just ignored it and tried my best to give clear instruction to the students. Based on my observation, the students were able to respond properly to my questions and participate actively. There were also times when they looked excited doing the activities that I conducted and that warmed my heart because I felt appreciated. As the lesson was going on, I noticed that the time was insufficient, so I tried to rush a little bit, but I still made sure that I was able to conduct all the activities that I had planned. Even though my mind was filled with a lot of bad possibilities, I tried to put on a calming face and proceed to do the activities. When the time had reached the end, I could feel the satisfaction as I managed to finish conducting the activities quite well.


It was a frantic morning. I could feel a lot of emotions. Relaxing, panic, anger, excitement and many more. I am a person who always tends to panic and gets mad when things do not go as I have already planned. Nevertheless, I tried my best to hold my anger because I want to avoid hurting other people and keep the positive vibes that I wanted throughout the day so that I can produce a better version of myself. In sum, that morning really taught me to always remind myself to control my anger and finish my work earlier so that I will not get trapped in a risky situation.








Students' work




Comments

  1. Going to school for the first time is totally nerve wrecking. Good job, Farah! You have written your experience really well

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally relate and understand you. It was nerve wrecking but you did well! Congrats~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you are still able to think rationally even though you have started panicking. This writing is good, the panic flows through it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. your frustration is felt. technical problem is really mood killer but your rationality handling these issues is amazing

    ReplyDelete
  5. I actually prepared a lesson plan of similar topic as you but I only showed the pictures through my phone. Your idea to show them through the puzzles is actually brilliant because it's a hands-on activity! Good job, Miss Farah. Don't worry, mistakes are one of the best teachers out there, aren't it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my! It just had to happen on your first day of SBE 😌 Glad that everything worked out for you at the end. I wish you all the best Farah!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment